Being a campus student is the goal of most young people. It seems very fulfilling and fun. However, when a student runs out of cash, it’s agonizing that he/she has to call the parents/guardians every now and then. The pocket money they offer might never be enough for a student to juggle between the college demands. Here are some ideas on how a campus student can engage in side hustles and become financially stable and successful: https://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/side-hustles-for-college-students/
- Become a brand ambassador or volunteer for research: As a brand ambassador you are basically paid to represent a given company. This could start from the local company you know. In case you are good at research, you could volunteer to participate in paid research either in your university/ college or the various companies around your school. https://www.evamtalii.com/101-ways-to-make-money-business-ideas-for-kenyan-student/
- Offer a service: we are all gifted differently or there is that service we can offer without much struggle. It doesn’t have to be something complicated. For example, if you are good at riding a bicycle, you could offer to teach others who do not know, offer delivery services around your area or even better, engage in bike renting. If you are a good cook, prepare nice meals for your fellow students at an affordable cost, start a restaurant or even be a mobile cook. If you can do laundry for others, do it because most campus students are lazy when it comes to washing. If you are a hairdresser or can offer manicure/pedicure services, campus students love being, neat, fashionable and smart. Go for it. https://victormatara.com/9-hustles-a-kenyan-university-student-can-successfully-run-while-in-campus/
- Be an online writer/blogger- In this new era, go online, get a job and make money. Online writing is the most flexible well-paying side hustle for students. You can opt to write academic papers for people or articles and get paid. As long as you have good writing skills, good grammar and language, this could be a perfect opportunity for you. Also, starting a blog could be the fastest and easiest way to make money as you sleep. You just require to be creative and come up with content that will sell. https://www.evamtalii.com/101-ways-to-make-money-business-ideas-for-kenyan-student/
- Be a planner/ organizer- not everyone is good at organizing, some make a mess everywhere they go or do not have time to do things for themselves. Event planning is among the things you can choose to organize. You can also choose to be a virtual organizer where you organize people’s computers using software’s. https://www.careerpointkenya.co.ke/2017/08/top-5-side-hustles-to-help-you-make-extra-cash/ or https://wgnetworks.tv/2016/05/07/10-side-hustles-kenyan-campus-student-can-start-now/
- Do artistic work/ talent- if you know your special gift maybe dancing, singing, drawing, weaving, among others, use it to make money especially now that the online platforms are readily available. Its just how you push yourself to do something that makes a difference in your life. https://victormatara.com/9-hustles-a-kenyan-university-student-can-successfully-run-while-in-campus/?
Here is an inspiring real life experience of a college student who decided to be different. She started a hustle that has made a difference in her life. https://nairobiwire.com/2019/06/inspiring-college-students-reveal-how-they-make-money-with-side-hustles.html