Online Survey is also called internet survey. It is one of the most popular data collection sources where a set of survey questions is sent to a target sample through email, social media or embedded over website, and the members can respond over the World Wide Web.
Online Survey is convenient due to the sheer magnitude of reach and its implementation is at low cost. Some of the online survey characteristics are: accurate research design, precisely structured survey questions and clearly defined target sample among others. More details are found on: https://www.questionpro.com/blog/what-are-online-surveys/
HOW TO CONDUCT AN EFFECTIVE ONLINE SURVEY
The following steps are followed:
- Define your survey’s objective– You should list the questions your survey should answer and focus on the big picture. Your objective should be narrowly scoped because more complex surveys tend to result in less meaningful results.
- Identify your target audience– proper sizes of survey samples depend on budget and the time available to analyze the results and act on them. Large sizes samples deliver more accurate results.
- Prioritize your questions– Create questions related to your objectives from the first step. Do not ask unnecessary questions because, the shorter the survey, the more successful it is.
- Test the survey– test it on the many different PC platforms, operating systems and various web browsers.
- Communicate the surveys purpose– let them know why they are being surveyed, how you would appreciate their support and what you intend to do with the information gathered. Explain why the survey is relevant to the recipient.
- Analyze and act upon the results– start analyzing the results as soon as they begin to trickle in. Compare these results with your original objectives and come up with specific and actionable business responses. Find out more on; https://surveymethods.com/create-effective-surveys/
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE SURVEY
Online survey is faster, cheaper, more accurate, quick to analyze, easy to use for participants, easy to use for researchers, easy to style, more honest, more flexible and more selective. Find out more on: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/articles/10-advantages-of-online-surveys
DISAVANTAGES OF ONLINE SURVEY
Online survey is faced by various challenges which are survey fraud, limited sampling and respondent availability, possible cooperation problems and lack of a trained interviewer. More details are found on: https://www.cvent.com/en/blog/events/advantages-disadvantages-online-surveys