10 QUOTES FOR SUCCESS – DR. JAMES MWANGI
James Mwangi was born in Kangema, Central Kenya in 1962. He is an accountant, career banker, businessman and entrepreneur. He is the current Group managing director and Group chief executive officer of the Equity Group Holdings Limited. He is among the top 20 most influential people in Africa and the current chairman of Kenya Vision 2030. https://peoplepill.com/people/james-mwangi/
Being a holder of five honorary doctorate degrees, Mwangi has been an exemplary good performer in his career and business.
Here are his 10 influential quotes through his journey.
- “For you to succeed in life of business you need to capitalize in doubling your strengths and in so doing your weakness will fade.” http://zablonc43.blogspot.com/2014/08/best-quote-from-dr-james-mwangi-of.html
- “If you cannot convince yourself that your goal will come to pass, you won’t convince anyone else either. Convince yourself first, with good reasons, and others will follow.” https://muhaise.com/tips-business-success-dr-james-mwangi-ceo-equity-bank-group/#:~:text=If%20you%20cannot%20convince%20yourself,makes%20even%20the%20impossible%20possible
- “The future will be driven by digital banking, not brick and mortar.” https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/equity-bank-ceo-the-future-will-be-driven-by-digital-banking-not-brick-and-mortar/53690/
- “The spiders’ lesson is never to be greedy. It shows that objects of necessity can be objects of beauty and art as well. The spider teaches us that we can be too easily enraptured with ourselves.” https://quotestats.com/topic/dr-james-mwangi-quotes/
- “Society needs to change on perception that government is for creating businesses for the people especially the youths. That is not true. It is creative ideas that bring about business opportunities. People needs to see and treat the government simply as regulator and formulator.” https://www.ceoafrica.co.ke/dr-james-mwangi-as-a-leader-you-should-always-have-a-clear-turnaround-strategy/
- “Money is not there to make you happy, it’s only there to pay your bills.” https://web.facebook.com/637770902949902/posts/quote-by-equity-ceodrjames-mwangimoney-is-not-there-to-make-you-happyit-is-only-/844458845614439/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- “Eradication of poverty starts in your mind.” https://www.google.com/search?q=james+mwangi+quotes&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=P_4fdKSGCI2NgM%252CmQrqDWepQvFXXM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kR9W0a0IFj8w1ag7LZWXMExMs-vQg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjS-sya_oHsAhVNxIUKHTEYAMkQ9QF6BAgKEBk&biw=1280&bih=881#imgrc=P_4fdKSGCI2NgM
- “Being more communicative, inspires more people and the greatest success is not be the size of a balance sheet but the lives and livelihoods that a bank have touched.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9aesDyIo8
- “The greatest test of success in the corporate world is managing succession, legacy is not what we do it’s what happens when we are not on the steering wheel.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB1CfZtTxtU
10. “Put the customer and his or her needs first – he is the most important person in the world. Treat people with dignity and respect. Serve, serve to the best of your ability.” https://africanbusinessmagazine.com/uncategorised/james-mwangi-a-life-stranger-than-fiction/