HELB APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE.
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a government regulated body that offers loan to students, both in universities and colleges. The loan is offered to undergraduate and postgraduate university needy students and needy students in technical, vocational and educational training institutions.
Loan application is done online and the following minimum requirements must be met:
- National Identification Card.
- Bank Account.
- A KRA pin.
- Parent Details i.e. their identification card photocopies.
- Parents’ death certificate (where applicable).
- KCSE and KCPE results.
- Email address.
- Details of two guarantors including their ID copies.
- Three colored passport photos.
Find more details on: https://majira.co.ke/first-time-helb-loan-application-process-and-requirements/
APPLICATION PROCEDURE/ PROCESS
To apply the HELB loan follow the following steps:
- Visit the HELB website and register for an account. The website is http://www.helb.co.ke/ – create an account using your mobile number and email address.
- Log in and select the required form, for example undergraduate form, and fill in the required details. That is: your personal details, education details, university/ college details, parents’ details, family expenses details, guarantors’ details and bank details.
- Ensure you preview the form and correct where necessary before you submit for printing.
- Print two copies of the duly filled loan application form
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities
- Read and understand the terms and conditions and the data consent form before you sign and attach the necessary documents.
- Retain one copy and present/submit the other one to HELB for processing.
SUBMITTING YOUR DOCUMENTS
HELB application dully filled form is presented/ submitted in three ways as follows:
- Present it to the nearest Huduma Centre for free and safe delivery.
- Go to the HELB student service Centre on Mezzanine 1, University towers, University way, Nairobi.
- Send through registered and secured mail or courier.
NOTE: Application deadline for 2020/2021 is 31st December, 2020 as indicated in: https://www.jambonews.co.ke/how-to-apply-2019-2020-first-time-undergraduate-helb-loan-documents-required-and-deadline-for-apllication/